April 13, 2004

Approved by the Dental Association

I needed it & while shopping for Visu, I picked it up. But before the choice was made I had this two & half metre tall rack towering over me. I'm talking abt toothbrushes here. Gone r the days of good old Rs11.50 toothbrush. Nowadays toothbrushes have stopped looking like the classic ones instead they remind me of Reebok sportshoes - cool design, sleek & yet chunky. And just like u've got running, walking..... shoes, the range of toothbrushes is just as varied. They come w/ joints at strategic locations, they can flex- microbristled- funkily angled handles- zig-zagged bristles -gay coloured like aqua & pink. Brushes that fight plaque & other diabolical stuff - mechanized brushes - whitening agents etc. I wonder if they test them out in wind-tunnels. Some of them looked so weird that I wondered if they were intended for the mouth!

The next best thing in space-age toothbrush technology according to me:
1> Brushes w/ little brush weilding Munchkins, tied to the bristles like Joan of Arc. Just put it in ur mouth & see the little buggers go!
2> Brush-Breakfast combo. It allows u to brush u r teeth & doubles up as breakfast after. Todays menu - toast, coffee, dosa, upma & cornflakes.
3> The sonic brush. Put it in ur mouth & get a dose of teeth rattling death metal. All songs approved & performed by Dental Association Quartet.

Finally I picked up a Prudent something & a few hours later I regreted it. Its a capitalist scam. Give me the good old ummikeri*.
Happy Visu everybody.


* Ummikeri is charred rice husks. It cleans great & as u use ur fingers to brush, ur gums get that much needed massage.

No comments: