February 29, 2004

Harry Pottan

Saturday Higlights - Lunch w/ Mom at one of my favourite restaurant- Noblehouse. I recommened the Honey Prawns. Its sounds like an odd combo but I guarantee u'll hit heaven & beyond w/ one bite. Mmmmmmm...Mmmmmmmmmm

Rest of the day was spent bored to death. No-one would come out & play w/ me :( Earlier that morning I decided I would not sit at the PC. I was sick through & through modelling a 50s style robot & almost killed myself trying to texture it the day before. So I thought I'd curl up w/ a book. I wanted something light. I picked up my sis's copy of 'Harry Potter & The Order of The Phoenix'. I didn't sleep that night. The book is like an eel, its plot keeps twisting & turning. The author sure knows how to write a soap opera for kids (& bigger kids like me). I noticed a pattern- the characters mostly interacted in 3s. No dialogues only trialogues. A says something, B says something else & C is too distracted. Later on it seems B was right, A agrees that B was right & C says "Shit! we r all wrong" & then they bark up another tree. This narrative mechanism doesn't make the book a bad one. Infact its a good old fashioned, entertaining yarn. I suggest u pick it up, however u'd be left in the dark abt certain goings on, so try laying ur hand on the 3rd & 4th books (FYI '...Phoenix' is the 5th installment).
At certain points in the book I had to shout 'oooooooooh, not that number'.

No comments: