July 20, 2004

Omen ( and I don't mean the movie)


While walking back home on Monday. I saw something weird : A large bark brownish toad just pops out of the gap between two granite slabs that cover the gutter. It was followed by an equally brown rat. The rat was trying to nibble the toad's behind & the toad just kept jumping away. The toad jumped on....the rat followed, untill they both disappeared down another gap. The whole episode lasted about 40 seconds.

Back in the old days, folks would have called this an omen. So I interpret the omen thusly:

1> If I were the toad, there is someone out there determined to get my ass.
2> If I were the rat, I'll never get any ass.
3> No matter what I am, I'm going down.

If you see something else? Warn us OH! PROPHET(/ESS) O' DOOM or whatever.

No comments: