July 26, 2004

An Apology & A Useful House Keeping Tip



Firstly I'd like to apologise to Jubilant- Dude your friend's software wasn't bogging down my system. It was something else (read on).

I have this favourite font called the '20th Century Poster' & I managed to lose it. I searched high & low for it. Gathered a lot of fonts from people around me. But it was useless & now I have around 11,400 fonts. Then I thought to myself (like a prick) now that I'm into graphic designing, I might want to use these fonts. So I installed all of them. Ever since then XP took about 4 minutes to boot up! Any attempt to uninstall them caused my PC to gag & hang (or is that hang & gag?)

Well it took me abt 4 days to figure it out. So there you have it,

House Keeping Tip- Don't install all your fonts i.e, if they number more than 150 & you are runnin Windows XP.

In case you don't wan't to install all your fonts & still want to see what they look like, use this freeware. It lets u look through fonts that are installed as well as uninstalled fonts (that exist on u hardisk). Nice.

No comments: