June 24, 2007

Digital Eel


A couple of years ago, I had a chance to play this wonderful demo of Strange Adventures in Infinite Space. Yesterday I got my hands on a demo of its sequel Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space. These games were developed by Digital Eel. While my experiences are based on the demos, they were thoroughly enjoyable. The game has a bit of everything, perils of outer space, trade, diplomacy, space warfare and most importantly loads of humour. The user interface was menu driven, pretty and mostly convenient. The sequel sets you on a course to gather goods from different sectors in space & return to your employer within a specified time. The warfare is real time, pretty intense & the demo didn't actually let me get into the thick of things partly because my space craft was ill equipped for warfare. Check it out!

No comments: