June 18, 2007

Extremely Colourful Schemes

Looking at pictures with too many bright colours usually leaves me visually violated. This is probably why I don't enjoy psychedelic poster colour schemes. Under such schemes, abstract forms are much easier to look at than definite forms. As a result I tend to keep my colour schemes conservative. Sometimes I worry if this move is actually shutting me out from creating unique visuals. In a bid to force myself into uncomfortable places and derive lukewarm masochistic pleasure, I created these -
Shifts & Rotations
Neon Runner
Coral
Apart from wilder use of colours, these pictures are left handed finger paintings (i.e, using my laptop's track-pad) and done in the wee hours of morning whilst trying to sleep. 'Coral' is also another attempt of mine to mess with your eyes.

No comments: